- PART TIME
- Aged Care Award
A career at UnitingCare Wesley Port Adelaide (UCWPA) offers exciting rewards and opportunities for anybody wanting to make a difference to their community. Our work environment encourages employees to grow professionally and personally, motivating them to do great things.
Our employees are integral for delivering quality services and we are committed to their personal and professional development.
UCWPA provides community services which improve the quality of life for aged, unemployed and homeless people, families, children, youth, people with a mental health disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. UWCPA is one of the larger organisations providing quality aged care services in South Australia.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Administration Officer is responsible for ensuring that all administrative and reception services are provided to residents, visitors, staff and volunteers. The incumbent will provide quality customer service and provide a range of general administrative duties to ensure the efficient operation of all business systems within an aged care setting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Support the Director of Nursing and staff as required in regards to all administrative tasks
- Manage workload for administration volunteers where applicable
- Greet, assist and/or direct students, visitors and the general public
- Provides timely and effective support to internal and external customers
- Performs reception duties including telephone answering, call transfers and message taking and directing enquiries as appropriate
- Respond promptly and courteously to public enquiries
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Recognised qualification in Business Administration or Office Skills or extensive recent experience in office administration and clerical duties or other relevant qualifications
- Current Police Check or relevant DCSI Clearance
- Valid Working VISA if required
- Strong customer service background and experience, including reception experience (with internal and external customers)
- Experience within a residential aged care facility or community service, not for profit or similar organisation (desirable)
The successful candidate will also demonstrate a positive and professional "can-do" attitude, excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to work equally well as a member of a team or working alone. We would like the successful candidate to commence as soon as possible! If you feel that you are well organised and have a good work ethic then please apply.
We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and to improve equal employment opportunity for our employees.
Applications Close 26 April 2017